Whether you are replacing a roof or making repairs to your current one, a roof estimate will help you understand the expectations and costs of your upcoming service; however, you may be a little unsure as to what to expect when you order a roof estimate. These handy steps will let you know what to expect as soon as you make that call.
- Schedule a day when you will be home. You want to be there when your service provider comes, so you can discuss your questions and concerns. Although they can access the roof without you there, you will want a give them a chance to make a good impression.
- Understand any costs. A company should be upfront about whether they offer each roof estimate as a free service or as a paid service. You don’t want to be surprised by a bill before work has even begun.
- Expect a professional. Your estimator should arrive on time with proper equipment.
- After inspection, you will receive a professional bid. While some smaller companies may offer you a one-page document that is less formal, you will likely feel more comfortable with a professional, multi-page bid. The bid should include start and completion dates, costs, materials, and even licensing and liability information.
- Expect to search for more bids. Multiple bids will help you feel sure about your choice in the future.
A roof estimate should be an easy process for you. If you find it difficult to get and understand your bid or if the team members you work with don’t communicate easily with you, then that is probably not the company for you. Expect to feel comfortable and confident with your company of choice before you tackle one of the biggest investment projects of your life.